Re: Committer role?

Þann mið 14.jan 2015 15:25, skrifaði Piotr Drąg:
I noticed you've committed updated translations to stable gnome-3-14
branches on several modules. That's great, but you should also
remember to commit to master, currently at
<https://l10n.gnome.org/languages/is/gnome-3-16/ui/>, so that all
future releases will have the lastest translations as well. I think I
cherry-picked and pushed to master all the translations that you did
so far, but please keep that in mind from now on.

Yes, it was intentional to submit to gnome-3-14 first, was testing the
resulting MO files on my system (which is more or less gnome-3-14 based).

Maybe I'll try to setup a summit workflow for GNOME on my machine.

Thanks a lot for the upward pushing.

I'm sorry I went ahead with committing without asking first! I thought
it was a simple mistake, and not done intentional (there were cases
like this in the past.) I'll make sure to ask next time. It is a good
rule of thumb to commit to both master and stable branches at the same
time though - no translations will get lost, and you can always commit
fixes later. :)

Best regards,

--
Piotr Drąg