Re: Committer role?

Got a reply off-list:

Þann fim  8.jan 2015 21:14, skrifaði Rafael Ferreira:

A contributor with role Commiter or Coordinator doesn't need to have
git access to submit files in D-L web interface.  Before this feature
exists in D-L, Git access was required for these roles to submit
translations. Actually, the role in D-L wouldn't matter if you had Git
access for other reasons.

So, I read between the lines that there should be a "commit-to-repo" feature
in D-L; I've never seen that despite having a Committer status.
Where can I see it in the D-L interface?

There was not much change in D-L web interface about this feature,
except that if you are a Commiter or Coordinator, the action dropdown
menu will reveal the action "Send to repository" right after "To
Commit" or "Proofread".

Other than that, is technical stuff that inside D-L's code, that can
be seen in the Git repository [1], mainly in the file "models.py".

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/damned-lies/tree/vertimus

I'm used to offline translations via CVS, SVN, TX-client and such; Git is
not an alien concept.

Awesome! I just said that for precaution, as not all translators (in
whatever role) know how to deal with VCS.

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli

Cheers,
Rafael Ferreira