Re: Translator abuse?

Hello,

I started translating, and as I did, I found, that most of the strings are very new.
Fuzzy are fuzzy, not correct. Expect updates frequently until the final, without fuzzies, comes out.

M!

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:
On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 11:56 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I'm pondering "artificially" importing the translatable strings from
> OpenConnect into NetworkManager-openconnect, so that they get translated
> by the GNOME translation teams and the GNOME user experience for these
> languages is much better.

The first translation of these strings has landed — thanks Matej!

However, I'm wondering if I did something wrong. Some of the
translations look very suspect to me. This one, for example:

 #. http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/openconnect.git/blob/3b6a105fca:/main.c
 #: ../openconnect-strings.txt:59
+#, fuzzy
 msgid "using OpenSSL"
-msgstr ""
+msgstr "Uveljavljanje popravka %s z uporabo %s\n"

Is there something wrong with the way I've set things up? Should I set
something somewhere to disallow 'fuzzy' translations?

I don't think I like "fuzzy" :)

And given that there are at least two reasons why that translation
shouldn't be considered a possible match *however* fuzzy we're being
(different printf format strings, one ends with \n and the other does
not), does this show an issue with the tools?

--
dwmw2