Re: aisleriot 3.2 branch not on l10n.g.o

Le mardi 20 septembre 2011 à 09:13 +0300, Ihar Hrachyshka a écrit :
> On 09/18/2011 10:55 PM, Claude Paroz wrote:
> > Le dimanche 18 septembre 2011 à 16:05 +0200, Christian Persch a écrit :
> >> Hi;
> >>
> >> Aisleriot has already branched for 3.2, and the branching automatically
> >> sent a note to gnome-i18n@g.o. However I noticed that
> >> http://l10n.gnome.org/module/aisleriot/ still doesn't show that branch.
> >> Can this be fixed please?
> >
> > Hi Christian,
> >
> > That's because for modules not in core GNOME release sets, we usually
> > only track master, unless the maintainer explicitely tell us to also
> > track a stable branch. Nothing it automatic.
> >
> > Now I see aisleriot is mentionned in the "meta-gnome-apps-tested" meta
> > module of jhbuild, which we generally use as a reference. So unless
> > someone opposes, I will re-add it to the main GNOME release set.
> >
> > What would be a desktop environment without card games!!
> >
> > Claude
>
> Hi,
> Why is an official release set so dynamic and unstable? I thought at
> least its contents should be approved by some kind of authority so that
> new (even if they are 'old') modules appear in the sets with less
> amazement for translators and integrators.
> Is there any formal rule to populate sets with modules?
> /Ihar

Formerly, the release team had an acceptance process, but this has been
dropped in favour of... nothing clear :-(

There are still modulesets in jhbuild, but it is difficult to tell what
has some official status, and who is allowed to move modules around in
these modulesets. You should discuss this with the release team if you
want to push for something better.

Claude
--
www.2xlibre.net