Re: Q3 GNOME quarterly report

Hi guys,

On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 21:26:23 +0100
Kenneth Nielsen <k nielsen81 gmail com> wrote:

(...)

> I think we are talking a bit past each other. My point with the first
> point was exactly, that the number of commits should make a perfectly
> reasonably metric for _comparisons_ of activity, which can be used for
> the kind of "general terms" measurements that you are talking about.
>
> The last part was just general ramblings about how precise metrics could
> be achieved, in case that is required for this purpose or in general.

I think that this kind of activity metrics would be very useful to have in
the report, but then again, I don't have the spare time needed to study how
to actually get the data, unfortunately.

However, I believe there is still some time left to contribute to the final
form of the quarterly report, so please feel free to edit / fix / add
whatever you want to our report that is on:

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/QuarterlyReports/2011/Q3

I know it's not perfect. But I tried nevertheless. :-)

And last, but not least, thanks much to all of you who have contributed with
your comments and suggestions. Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Petr Kovar