Re: Is it possible to copy en-GB translations to en-AU to make the starting point for en-AU easier?

Hi Michael,

Am 29.07.2011 20:34, schrieb Michael .:
> Good morning everyone.
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to directly copy the en-GB
> translations over to en-AU (because en-AU is much closer to en-GB than
> it is to en-US or any other en-dialect). This would make the starting
> point for en-AU easier as after this only small changes would need to be
> made. I have tried to contact Bastien from en-GB (via his personal email
> address listed on his website), about the python script, a few times but
> as yet have had no response from him so I am thinking this is a viable
> alternative method to accelerating the en-AU translation.

Yes, of course. Just copy en_GB.po to en_AU.po, add your name to the
file header and review the file. That's it. But keep in mind that any
future changes to the British English translations have to be adapted to
the Australian ones, too. Would be useful to figure out a way which
automatizes that in some way.

Best Regards,
Mario