Re: Translating schema files (was: Re: Survey results (yay!))

Hi!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

El dl 01 de 11 de 2010 a les 10:25 +1300, en/na jbowtie amathaine com va
escriure:
> Speaking as a small team coordinator struggling to recruit people and
> get them active, I have to agree this is a big issue - I don't know
> how we'll ever make it to 20%, much less 80%. The problem is that most
> people take one look at a file filled with error messages and schema
> strings and I never hear from them again. I *only* get contributions
> when I can tell them *exactly* which strings in the file correspond to
> buttons/menus/labels.  Guess what?  I can't do that on my own for most
> modules, which is why over the last few years our stats have actually
> dropped from nearly 5% to <1%. In fact, I don't think I've landed a
> single contribution since the switch to Git (though there have a been
> a few drive-by translations via Ubuntu).

GNOME sysadmins are working on providing the stuff needed on their side
so that Damned-Lies can send translations from the web interface, so you
will only need to download the files, translate them, upload to
Damned-Lies and then just press a button to submit it, which hopefully
will allow you to focus more on translating and forget for your own
health from git ;)