Re: GCompris needs a translation update

Hi!

> With this you will simulate a git merge but effectively you are making
> master as gcomprixogoo.
>
> With this approach no sysadmins' help is needed and you will be 100%
> sure that the resulting master branch will be exactly the gcomprixogoo
> branch.

This would kill the complete history of the gcomprixgoo branch which I
wouldn't do as a maintainer. What's the problem in mergin gcromprixgoo
in the first place. If the two branches really diverged you could still
just revert all commits on master that are in the way master doesn't
really matter and do a merge. Maybe there is also some git flag to use
the branch version in case of a conflict.

I would just ask some git gurus on #gnome-hackers for help - I am pretty
sure there is some way.

Regards,
Johannes