Re: GCompris needs a translation update

Le vendredi 05 novembre 2010 à 13:29 +0200, Simos Xenitellis a écrit :

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Matej Urban <matej urban gmail com>
> wrote:
>         >
>         > Well, we don't care much, the master branch is unmaintained
>         and
>         > hopefully nobody uses it.
>         >

>         I understand this developers perspecitve. But I read your
>         statement
>         as: "Well, we don't care much *about the quality of the
>         translations*,
>         the master branch is unmaintained and *if somebody uses it,
>         eeee, why
>         do we bother translating anyway?*.
>         I also read: "If translators want some order in the project,
>         they
>         should get one of those boring paper-sorting jobs".
>         I also hear: "Anyway, be glad that we let you use it."
>
>         Is really so hard to "rename" master to old_master and then
>         "rename"
>         gcomvcyvycprxsyvcyvcydsfdaso to master?

You misunderstand me. I am not please with the situation and did my best
to have our master branch represent the head of our development branch.
As it as been mentioned, it is not possible for me to do it and requires
the help of an admin. I asked the gnome administration team but did not
get an answer so far. I think it's because even on the server side it is
not that easy to do.

I am still open to suggestion to fix the problem.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids