Re: Birthday and aniversary

2010/6/3 Malcolm Hunter <malcolm hunter gmx co uk>:

> "Birthday" is usually the celebration of the day of the year when the person was born. "Date of Birth (D.O.B.)" is what we use to >describe when they were born. "Anniversary" on its own is usually Wedding Anniversary, but in these enlightened days it may refer >to a couple's Civil Union.

So, if I follow you, what you have to enter in the contact's info is
not the birthday (that occurs every year, not just once) but the date
of birth (that includes the year). You shouldn't enter a Year for a
birthday but well for a DOB.

"Date of Birth" or "Birthdate" should replace "Birthday".

For "Anniversary" (for wathever it could be: wedding, death...) it's
hard to find a similar expression like "Other date to celebrate" or
"Other celebration date".

At least, I'll translate it in that way.

Djan