Re: Birthday and aniversary

2010/6/3 Kenneth Nielsen <k nielsen81 gmail com>:

> Yes, because for a spouse, you could fill in both the birthday and the
> anniversary field with a particular date in the year. They are not
> events as such, but information about dates that are important
> concerning this person.
>
> Regards Kenneth

Yes but you've got only one spouse (normally)... Maybe should the
string "Anniversary" changed to "Anniversary (other)" to make it clear
it's no birthday.
In my understanding "birthday" was something including the year like
DD/MM/YYYY, "anniversary" was something that occurs every year at the
same date like DD/MM. The definition in the Wiktionary says the same:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/anniversary (I note than in English it
can also been understood as wedding anniversary).

But if I watch http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/birthday I can see that
my understanding was "birthdate" of "date of birth".

It's wat is called in French "faux-amis"...

Regards,

Djan