Translating subtitles for GUADEC

Hello,

You may, or may not have noticed the video message from European
Commissioner for the Digital Agenda, Neelie Kroes, appearing on the
GUADEC website, <http://guadec.org/>. The direct link is
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok100U4Fo3Y>, it is indeed hosted on
YouTube.
The advantage is that it won't drain our own (privately owned) server
and that we can offer the video in multiple formats. (The downside is
that we can't use HTML5.) Another advantage are provisions for
subtitles. As you can see there are subtitles for English and Dutch
for the video I just linked. This helps people who find it hard to
understand spoken English, and people with hearing problems.

My aim is to make subtitles available for all videos we will to post
on the GUADEC YouTube channel -- <http://www.youtube.com/user/GUADEC>
-- and try to translate them to Dutch by myself as much as possible.
However, I would be very happy if there would be subtitles available
in more languages, especially Spanish, French and German (in that
order :)), since GNOME is, of all the European countries, the most
used there.

I would like to ask the people on this list whether they could give me
any tips for existing translation infrastructure we could use (just
sending plain text files would be fine too for me) and I would like to
ask if there are any people on this mailing list that would like to
help translating the subtitles.

I've got timed English subtitles available, which should be easier to
translate than a transscript, but if you'd prefer to translate from
the transscript that would be fine too.

Regards,
--
Sense Hofstede