Translator credits and header

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the translator credits and header of the
po files. There is a new translator in our team (Spanish) which insist
on using the typical "name dot surname at domain dot com" technique. I
haven't tried, but I guess GIT doesn't accept this for --author
option. Anyway, he is not happy about us changing the header and the
translator credits of the files with the proper form
"name surname domain com".

So the questions are:
 * is it compulsory to have the translator email properly formed for
the header and translator credits?
 * is it possible to commit the changes using the team email instead
of the translator email?

Cheers, and also happy new year for everyone!!!
--
Jorge González González <aloriel gmail com>
Weblog: http://aloriel.no-ip.org