Re: New coordinator for Gnome Romanian Translation Team

Am Mittwoch, den 15.12.2010, 00:20 +0200 schrieb Lucian Adrian Grijincu:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 14.12.2010, 23:38 +0200 schrieb Lucian Adrian Grijincu:
> >> I couldn't find information about how to add myself as a contact for
> >> Romanian l10n bugs:
> >> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=l10n
> >
> > I have now set you as default assignee.
> > Shall I also change the default QA contact?
>

> Yes please.
> Is there a posibility to have both my address and the team's mailing
> list address (gnomero-list lists sourceforge net) as default contact?

Yes and no, let me elaborate:

> It's not very clear to me what the difference between the two
> (assignee/contact) is.

Traditionally in corporate environments the two are different, however
in GNOME there's no sense for that.

Hence the easiest way would be to set your address as assignee and the
list address as QA. However the mailing list address must be registered
as a user in Bugzilla first.

> Also, I see that some teams have addresses like: gnome-de gnome bugs
> Are these placeholders? If not, can you explain what they are and how
> they function?

These are virtual addresses that don't exist. It's a fake account that
can be added to the watchlist of any "real" bugzilla user at
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email . Advantage is that
once an assignee changes (e.g. team leader and hence email address) it
is not needed to reassign all open reports and other "watchers" don't
have to change their watchlist to the new email address.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper