Re: Mallard documentation status page

Am Mittwoch, den 15.12.2010, 17:38 +0100 schrieb
andrej znidarsic gmail com:
> If I understand correctly the all documentation in the section gnome
> in going to be rewritten in mallard for better usability.

"going to be rewritten" in a sense of "would be great to have
rewritten": Yes.
"going to be rewritten" in a sense of "docs team has unlimited manpower
hence all is planned and will happen very soon": No.

>  This will bring significant changes of strings, which means that work
> so it doesn't make sense to translate the non-mallard documentation.

It makes sense to not translate non-mallard docs of those modules that
are currently being worked on to get moved to mallard docs.

> I have been looking at the l10n website and while the progress is
> noticeable it seems most of gnome documentation won't be rewritten in
> time for 3.0 in march 2011.

Without approx. 300 new members in the GNOME documentation team suddenly
popping up in the next three months, you are right. :)

> The problem is I don't know when will certain packages be rewritten.

Please ask the docs team on the gnome-doc-list
I agree that this would help for setting translation priorities.

andre

--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper