Slightly more active Welsh team? (was: Re: Inactive Translation Team)

Ar ddydd Sad, Aws 21 2010, 02:44:00 +0100, ysgrifennodd Christopher Swift:
> Ar Gwe, 2010-08-20 am 23:49 +0100, ysgrifennodd Telsa Gwynne:
> I go through periods of absolutely nothing to do to being completely
> overworked so I can sympathise with the rest of you.  I have a rough
> idea of how to work git and I could talk you through it one day on IRC
> if you wish.

It may come to that, but I should warn you in advance that things
break when I am around. This was fantastic when bug-hunting, but it's
not so good when I want to get stuff done.

> As I understand it, Cysill was developed by Bangor University's Canolfan
> Bedwyr.  Were you able to obtain a copy of this for less than £50 or do
> you know if it is possible to get discounts for volunteer groups such as
> GNOME Cymraeg?  I would like to take up your offer however to run
> some .po files through Cysill from time to time.

I paid the full whack less a student discount of 10%; but the
discount was from the local shop rather than for Cysgliad itself.
(Cysill and Cysgeir make up Cysgliad.)

I have occasionally seen it on offer, but I don't think there
are discounts for groups. However, there is an online version:

	http://www.cysgliad.com/cysill/arlein/

I don't think it does everything the CD does, but it does a lot.
And it's free.

> Thanks very much for the offer.  For those on the list who haven't heard
> of it there's an online tool which compares translations between
> different projects including GNOME & KDE.  For Welsh it is possible to
> use this url http://en.cy.open-tran.eu/ .

For standardisation,I have just discovered these, too:

http://termau.org/porth/PorthTermau.html
http://www.e-gymraeg.org/bwrdd-yr-iaith/termau/default.aspx

And there's Cysgeir; and the Assembly word lists:

http://www.termcymru.wales.gov.uk/

Also, apparently the Termiadur, the list of standardised terminology
in a big book (which I bought in its first incarnation and which has
subsequently expanded greatly) is downloadable onto mobile phones.

> Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

No problem. See you over on gnome-cy gnome org  For the record
(and for the archives), there's an irc channel too: #gnome-cy on
irc.freenode.net. It's fallen off a lot, but perhaps one day
people will start coming to it again.

Telsa