Re: Inactive Translation Team

Ar ddydd Gwe, Aws 20 2010, 18:46:29 +0100, ysgrifennodd Christopher Swift:

> [Gnome in Welsh declining]

Yeah, we do seem to be going through a bad patch in gnome-cy. Still.
A number of us got together last summer and said "we have to get on
top of this". Iestyn Price got a git account (with Daf's support) and
I dusted mine off, and I suspect Rhys Jones may still have his. I
emailed a bunch of interested people and Iestyn tried to kick-start
the gnome-cy gnome org mailing list and then...well, nothing much
happened. So there are at least two of us and possibly three with git
accounts. And there is (or was) a lot of interest in contributing.

I know Rhys has been very busy this year. I presume the same is true
of Iestyn. I am also in the "very busy" camp; and further, I still do
not understand how to use git and being pointed to out-of-date wiki
pages doesn't help.

I am happy to wade through long .po files; I am happy to feed things
through Cysill (the spelling and grammar checker for Welsh); I am
happy to start filing "what does this _mean_?" bugs again; I am happy
to compare terminology between different programs. I am willing to
glance at what other people do, and I am very happy to have everything
I do corrected. (Okay, not happy, but...) But whenever I get a free hour,
I find myself wasting it trying to check out a git tree, and that's not
what I need or want to be doing.

I am, however, very keen that the translation doesn't deteriorate
further. So I do encourage anyone interested in sorting the Welsh
translation out who is currently lurking quietly to go and join
gnome-cy gnome org  Then perhaps we can get this back on the road.

Telsa (still here, just quieter!)