Re: git hurdle with translation submission!

On 6/19/09, Erdal Ronahi <erdal ronahi gmail com> wrote:
> > > I don't know if submission (git push) is possible right now via
> > > damned-lies, there is/was a plan to do that, maybe people working on
> > > vertimus/damned-lies will tell you better (I know there was a pending
> > > git account creation problem).
> >
> > Following the last sysadmin-team meeting, it has been agreed upon that a
> > git account will be created for l10n.gnome.org.
> > For security's sake, the condition is that a git hook has to be created
> > to check that submitted files are valid po files. CC'd our beloved
> > sysadmin designated to write the hook :-)
>
> I uploaded a file
> (http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gconf-editor/master/po/ku/level1/)
>  and got the hook (because of a mistake in the file), so the validity was
> checked.
>
> But I do not think the push has been made. Is that correct?

Correct. Implementing the vertimus push in the gnome infrastructure is
not a simple change. Expect it to take time for it to be implemented.

> How should we proceed then? Can I just upload files and wait until they
> become pushed someday or should I wait until l10n.gnome.org gets the power
> to push?

Just follow the usual procedure -- attach the translations to bug
reports in Bugzilla and kindly ask others to commit them for you. See
"How am I supposed to contribute translations if I don't get an
account from the start?" on
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/AccountFAQ.