Re: krb5-auth-dialog proposal

(CC'ing gnome-i18n as this is mostly about translations.)
Also see http://l10n.gnome.org/module/krb5-auth-dialog/ .

Hi,

Am Montag, den 15.06.2009, 10:38 +0200 schrieb Guido Günther:
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 09:13:31PM +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> > Restricting the extraction to src/lib/krb5/error_tables instead of the
> > whole Kerberos source tree reduces the numboer of strings by a factor of
> > two.  Limiting the list to the most common errors returned by the
> > Kerberos libs would make sense.
> I've implemented this and also added a note to translators where the
> strings in dummy-strings.c come from so they can skipped easily.

346 translatable strings now, compared to 637. Way better. Thanks!

But having no experience with KRB5/such auth stuff at all, I still
wonder how strings like "Policy rejects transited path" or
"Inappropriate type of checksum in message" are helpful to an average
user. What exactly am I (probably a user whose computer has been set up
to use krb5) expected to do here when getting such an error message?

I still see big issues in translating stuff like "Ticket is ineligible
for postdating" if you're a translator who is not technically into KRB5.
Also, can you please add a comment to msgid "translator-credits"?

> > > Also, is there any documentation available?
> > Except for the above URL and the README not yet.
> It ships a manual now.

Great. Thanks for your work!

andre
--