Re: RFE: Vertimus and assigned translator

El mar, 20-01-2009 a las 12:10 +0100, Luca Ferretti escribió:
> Il giorno lun, 19/01/2009 alle 09.33 +0100, Marcel Telka ha scritto:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In our localization team (Slovak) we are working in a way where a module
> > is assigned to particular translator. So it is not allowed to _anybody_
> > (e.g. other translator) to submit updated translation.
>
> Marcel, this is currently the same behavior used on Italian team, of
> course it has the advantages you listed, but please note there is at
> least one shorcoming: the inability of currently assigned translator to
> work on assigned/maintained module
>
> You can "lock" a translation in current l10n.gnome.org too, just
> "reserve the translation" immediately after commit.
>
> But what will happen if someone will not able to update him/her own
> translation in time for a release? GNOME Desktop is time based, so some
> translators in our (Italian) team start working after the string freeze.
> Sometimes they don't have the time to complete it, so the module is
> temporary assigned to another person.
In any case, the coordinator or the person with the svn account is still
the person in charge to commit the translations, and I belive many teams
still work with their old workflow, i.e. sending the pot files to
somewhere, and coordinating efforts from their respective mailing lists.

Cheers.
--
Jorge González González <aloriel gmail com>
Weblog: http://aloriel.no-ip.org