Re: Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo (yo, ha, ig) po files

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Thomas Thurman <tthurman gnome org> wrote:
> Should I go and find the person who sent me the .mo files and ask them for
> the iso and look somewhere on it for the licence, and if so, any idea where?
>  I don't fancy booting off some random iso off the net just to see whether
> it puts up a licence screen.

License screens don't really matter. The actual license files on the
disc do (or so I believe). So, mounting the ISO and dissecting it may
be sufficient. No need to boot from it.

> (I do wonder whether they negotiated the right to use the name Linux.)

That's a different story. Trademark laws are much more complicated
than copyright laws (at least to my eyes), especially when you cross
borders. They didn't necessarily need to negotiate for the right to
use "Linux" as a part of their name.

Roozbeh