Re: Application names (2)

Hallo

2009/8/13 Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle <leonardof gnome org>:
> The menu standards discussion reminded me of something I wish I asked
> here a long time ago. Let's consider "Eye of GNOME" / "Image Viewer" as
> an example.
>
> "Eye of GNOME" is without a doubt a proper name. When it is translated,
> what do maintainers expect: actual translation ("Olho do GNOME") or
> transliteration only?

With regards to this question I am a little torn. Sometimes, when it
is possible to make a nice translation I think it can be fine to do
so, but on the other hand it does not reaaly make much sense to
translate names and having a policy about it makes it simpler for the
user to figure out as well, so I agree with Claude.

Regards Kenneth Nielsen