Application names (2)

The menu standards discussion reminded me of something I wish I asked
here a long time ago. Let's consider "Eye of GNOME" / "Image Viewer" as
an example.

"Eye of GNOME" is without a doubt a proper name. When it is translated,
what do maintainers expect: actual translation ("Olho do GNOME") or
transliteration only?

And "Image Viewer", can it be considered a proper name? If it's not a
proper name, why is it capitalized as such? In Portuguese we translate
proper names with initial caps ("Visualizador de Imagens"), and regular
names with only an inicial cap ("Visualizador de imagens"), so that kind
of definition is important for us and possibly for many other languages.

--
Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle <leonardof gnome org>