Re: State of Farsi Gnome translation

Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Refdoc<refdoc crosswire org> wrote:
>> The glossary - [...] can you give me a link, please?
>
> It's in the GNOME repository. Here:
>
> http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gnome-i18n/tree/glossary/fa.po

Thanks! Is this identical with the Glossary of Persian computing terms
by Sharif University referred to in some places? If not, could you pass
me a link for this? Or a copy?

>> I will go ahead and identify what exactly I need updated and work on
>> that first. Do you wish me to file bugs and attach the new po to that or
>> is the fact that something is x% fuzzy/untranslated good enough and
>> posting a po on the mailing list will do?
>
> No mailing list please. And personal mail to me can get lost or
> forgotten. Always use the GNOME bugzilla. And use different bugs for
> different PO files (but the same bug for updates to a PO file if the
> bug is still open).

Fine

> I don't understand your comment about x% fuzzy/untranslated. Please reword.

Sorted and addressed by above. All po files will go via bugs and new
bugs will be opened to address incomplete po files.

>> Wrt review - if I find someone who would volunteer as a reviewer, would
>> this do? I guess this might be the only way this will move forward right
>> now.
>
> Yes. If someone who knows technical Persian well enough actually goes
> through the translations and checks things like glossary usage and
> correct spelling, orthography, grammar, and style, it helps a lot. I
> would review it myself after that to make sure the reviewer has done a
> good enough job, but reviewers are what we are very short of at the
> moment.

Good.

Peter