Re: State of Farsi Gnome translation

Peter,

I don't think the problem is lack of activity from my side. The
problem is that almost all previous contributors who had experience
with Persian translaiton of GNOME have stopped contributing, so we
don't have any reviewers at the moment. Translation updates stay
there, and I can not convince anybody to review them. (BTW, as far as
I remember, some of the people contributing did not use the GNOME
glossary at all, and some of the open bugs does not wait an action
from a reviewer, but an update from the translator to match existing
GNOME style. It may only say that on one bug per translator, but
that's the story.)

I've never seen your Persian translations, but maybe you can help us
(and show your skills) by reviewing existing Persian translation bugs
and see if it's good Persian and if they match the current glossary
and style used in the existing translations. You know the open bugs. I
would appreciate that.

Alternatively, you can translate parts of GNOME that you care for, and
attach them to bugs, so someone can review them. (Considering the
present situation in Iran now, that may take a while. Anybody who may
volunteer his time to translate is doing something related to the
uprising, from translating news to translating privacy-related
software.)

Independently, I would gladly hand over the role of coordinator if
somebody with the necessary skills and experience agrees to step in. I
at least know two such people, but they seem to have left the project
too, like every other experienced translator/editor. Mine is a role I
accepted out of a necessity years ago, and I believe I have
overstayed. Just help recreate a community with a couple of active
reviewers who know techincal Persian well enough, and you've shown you
can do it.

Roozbeh