Re: git: using branches

2009/4/18 Simos Xenitellis <simos lists googlemail com>:
> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> C. Just use 'git commit LL.po' so that we specify which file we want
> to add and commit, in one line.
> We do not need to 'git add' the modified files, just use when we have
> to add a new file in the repository.
>
> Since the translator's workflow is to add the initial translation file
> once, and then commit modifications,
> I think that [C] is a good workflow, and this is what is reflected at
> http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/GitHowTo
> Of course, any of these options are equally valid.

I agree, option C seems the best for translator purpose. Hoewver, I
think could be good add a phrase like "due to different behaviot
betwenn git versions (1.5 vs 1.6), it's suggested to specify the
filename of file to commit, using `git commit LL.po`". If this note is
yet in wiki page, sorry for this spam :)