Re: String additions to 'anjuta.gnome-2-26'

Le jeudi 16 avril 2009, à 12:05 +0200, Luca Ferretti a écrit :
> 2009/4/14 Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de>:
> > Hi!
> >
> >> sorry to ask, but why also on 2.26 and not only on HEAD? Tarballs for
> >> 2.26.1 were due yesterday and release day will be tomorrow...
> >
> > These strings are untranslated at the moment anyway. By adding them to the
> > 2.26 branch there is a chance that they might be translated in 2.26.2 and if
> > not it's not worse as if there were not marked for translation.
> > I know that some teams always are more tied to have a 100% statistic than
> > all strings marked but you all know that statistics are just damned-lies.
>
> I think that we translators are a little astonshed about the timing,
> not about our own statistics.
>
> I think a sequence like:
>  1. produce and release 2.26.1 tgz
>  2. warn this list about incoming POTFILES.in change
>  3. change POTFILES.in in svn
> would de more appreciated by translators.
>
> BTW, could we update the freeze rules about changes to POTFILES.in
> while in string freeze? I'm not asking for release team approval, just
> "developers have to notify gnome-i18n ML about the intent/need to
> update POTFILES.in before change it".

But what does it change? The strings are already there and are already
visible in english. I don't see how waiting can help translators --
adding the files to POTFILES.in as fast as possible on the contrary
gives more time to the translation teams that can manage to translate
those strings.

(and sure, it's unfortunate that some files were missing from
POTFILES.in and this is not something that we want to see happen, but it
does happen from time to time)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.