Re: Using Git and separating translations into their own l10n-LL repository

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Matej Urban <matej urban gmail com> wrote:
> ???
>
> After updating the file I did
> git commit sl.po -m "Updated Slovenian translation"
>
> and
> git commit LINGUAS sl.po -m "Added sl for Slovenian translation"
>
> After that I chacked with git status and it correctly showed
>
> # On branch master
> nothing to commit (working directory clean)
>
> There I stopped. If I enter git push I get:
>  ! [rejected]        master -> master (non-fast forward)

Okay. You have stumbled on something that is being currently discussed
on gnome-infrastructure
and we hopefully will have a result to put in the GNOME Localisation GIT HowTo.
(see http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-infrastructure/2009-April/msg00031.html)

Could you please perform a

git pull --rebase

and then push your translation?

The above command will update your local repository and keep at the
same time your translation
so you can push it.

Simos