Re: Issue with script for Kashmiri Localisation

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:08:35 +0530
"RKVS Raman" <rkvsraman gmail com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I checked with our Perso-Arabic research centre ( http://parc.cdac.in/
> )  and  they have confirmed that Arabic is sufficient to represent
> Kashmiri. The code points  that you mentioned are already available in
> Arabic.

Hmm, I am by no means an expert on this, but the Kashmiri
language folk at the university gave us a detailed
exposition on exactly what codepoints were needed. These
are apparently vowels that have no equivalent in Arabic,
Urdu, etc.

> I have asked for a supporting standards document which i will
> circulate across for your reference.

Sure, that would be good to have. I will pass it along to
the people who know Kashmiri, or I can send you their
address off-list so you can get in touch with them directly.
Please give me till Sun., as I am occupied with an event
here.

Regards,
Gora