Re: wrong translations of string "Rule" in gtkhtml

2008/9/11 Leonardo F. Fontenelle <leonardof gnome org>
Em Qui, 2008-09-11 às 00:45 +0200, Andre Klapper escreveu:
> Am Mittwoch, den 10.09.2008, 09:08 -0300 schrieb Leonardo F. Fontenelle:
> > Even worse: it seems that providing a patch makes a lot of difference in
> > having the bug fixed. Those issues should be trivial to fix for
> > developers and yet very important for translators, but sometimes were
> > are left without a reply for months (or years). Providing a patch means
> > that a translator must learn SVN, check out the source code, and
> > actually read and try to understand it. Does anyone here think it is
> > reasonable to expect this from a translator?
>
> [...]
>
> Creating a patch is mostly trivial, so I wonder whether adding the
> gnome-love keyword would help us in getting more such patches from "code
> beginners" that are willing to help improving gnome but search for a
> place to start.

I loved the idea!

Yeah I like this idea too. Unfortunately it will only work for the strings where the bugreporter actually knows what the comments should be. All the e.g. "Load" verb or noun problem will need a developers attention anyway (or will need this fresh programmer will read an understand the code)

Regards Kenneth Nielsen