Re: wrong translations of string "Rule" in gtkhtml

Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net>, Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:24:13 +0200:

> Le jeudi 11 septembre 2008 à 00:58 +0200, Andre Klapper a écrit :

(...)

> > I understand that, hence I especially want those teams that (in my
> > impression) have larger resources of translators to do this, not the
> > small teams of 2 or 4 people.
> > I especially have the Spanish and French team in mind because they've
> > been starting translating very early in the cycle, way before string
> > freeze took place.
> > Jorge, Claude - around?
>
> Hrm, which Claude ;-) ?
>
> I admit I don't always take the time to report all difficult strings
> without context.

Me neither. So many things to do, so little time... Personally, I'd care
(also) about a situation like a clear typo or two in source strings, 4-8
completed translations, and still no bug report in Bugzilla... That was
encountered by me on several modules. Not very impressive though.

> And don't be fooled, we aren't such a big team of translators either. We
> are only 4-5 regular translators

Hmm, how's that? As I read, there are about 80 millions French native
speakers around the world. And only about 5 among all of them volunteer to
translate GNOME? Interestingly, with c. 12 millions of native speakers, we
have 7-8 regular translators in the Czech team. Still, we've significantly
less translated modules.

> and time also matter for us !

Time matters for everyone, you know...

> But if everyone does its part. we'll win the world. Yeaaahhhh !

No doubt about that. :-)

Regards,
Petr Kovar