Re: Slowness in farsi translation

There is a personal conflict.

Mohammad thinks that translation is mismanaged and coordinator spends more
time on own proprietary Linux distribution.

Roozbeh does not like Mohammad and delays commits of his updates to gnome
repository. If I remember mailing list history correctly, Mohammad tried
to take over Roozbeh's position from the start.

With Persian translation status degrading with every Gnome release it is
very easy to understand frustration of Mohammad. If Sharif Linux is 100%
translated, it can't be explained by limited number of packages and Linux
distribution differences unless Persian Gnome 2.10 translation was close
to 100% and it degraded to 74% in 2.14 due to lots of changes in
translations. I don't think that translation can lose 25% of strings in
just two major Gnome releases.

Mohammad is Ubuntu user and he has a way of accomplishing his goals and
circumventing controls of Roozbeh. Once Mohammad finds the way and start
actively using it instead of Gnome bugzilla, Gnome might lose Persian
translator and conflict between Ubuntu packagers and Gnome will worsen.

If you want to resolve the conflict, evaluate progress of Gnome Persian
translation. Check translation commits in software repository. Then decide
who is right. Persian translators must resolve their conflicts or Gnome
Persian translation will split between two teams.