Re: [mr] Marathi co-ordinator -- how can i wish you get a svn account, so that team gets listed in mango ?

On 7/30/08, sandeep shedmake <sandeep shedmake gmail com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Christian Rose <menthos gnome org> wrote:
> > On 7/16/08, sandeep shedmake <sandeep shedmake gmail com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >       How I can wish Marathi Team co-ordinator get a svn account
> somehow?
> > >
> > > Getting an account desperately might help:
> > >
> > > 1) Marathi getting listed at
> > > https://mango.gnome.org/new_account.php page as one of
> the
> > > Translation Teams that contributes actively into GNOME translations
> (GNOME
> > > 2.22 Marathi == approx 80% translation status was achieved).
> > >
> > > 2) Avoid relying on others within the team for upstream commits and
> > > resolving urgent bug fixes (I guess only one Marathi team member has svn
> > > account).
> > >

> > > 3) Might Reduce some amount of overload on translators within the team
> --
> > > won't have to worry atleast for upstream commits chasing the person
> around
> > > for upstreaming files :) --just a pun.
> > >

> > >       Additionally, if there is any other alternative procedure that
> would
> > > help Marathi getting listed in the Mango Translation Teams do let me
> know.
> > >

> > > Waiting for the reponse & Thanks in advance.
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Sandeep Shedmake
> >
> > This is backwards. Please read
> >
> http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount
> for our
> > account policy first. By having a quick glance at the files from
> > http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/mr/gnome-2-24, I get the
> impression
> > that Swapnil hasn't been very active since 2003 or so (please correct
> > me if I'm wrong). Only fairly recent personal contributions count, so
> > unless he starts contributing again, or provides some evidence that he
> > has contributed recently, his account request will remain rejected. No
> > coordinator gets an SVN account just because he or she is a
> > coordinator. Contributions is what counts, like is the case for
> > everyone else.
> >
> > I feel that you would be in a much better situation if you in the
> > Marathi team decided on who will be the coordinator *first*, before
> > even thinking about accounts. Once the Marathi team coordinator
> > situation is sorted out, you may go ahead with requesting accounts
> > (for yourselves). If the current coordinator is non-responsive, please
> > see the bottom section of
> >
> http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/StartingATeam
> for
> > instructions on how to proceed.
> >
> > Or if you are happy with the current coordinator, please follow the
> > updated instructions on
> >
> http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount
> and
> > http://live.gnome.org/NewAccounts (and use the e-mail
> method) for
> > requesting an account for yourself.

> [...]

I understand your concern about coordinatorship, but for a small team
it might not be much work involved. The full list of responsibilities
is at http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/TeamCoordinatorResponsibilities,
but for a small team the work may to a large part resemble simply
acting as a contact person for the team.

Nevertheless, we need a coordinator for each team, for various
reasons. Someone has to do it. Please discuss it inside your team and
please let us know the results.