Re: [mr] Marathi co-ordinator -- how can i wish you get a svn account, so that team gets listed in mango ?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Christian Rose <menthos gnome org> wrote:
On 7/16/08, sandeep shedmake <sandeep shedmake gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>       How I can wish Marathi Team co-ordinator get a svn account somehow?
>
> Getting an account desperately might help:
>
> 1) Marathi getting listed at
> https://mango.gnome.org/new_account.php page as one of the
> Translation Teams that contributes actively into GNOME translations (GNOME
> 2.22 Marathi == approx 80% translation status was achieved).
>
> 2) Avoid relying on others within the team for upstream commits and
> resolving urgent bug fixes (I guess only one Marathi team member has svn
> account).
>

> 3) Might Reduce some amount of overload on translators within the team --
> won't have to worry atleast for upstream commits chasing the person around
> for upstreaming files :) --just a pun.
>

>       Additionally, if there is any other alternative procedure that would
> help Marathi getting listed in the Mango Translation Teams do let me know.
>

> Waiting for the reponse & Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards,
> Sandeep Shedmake

This is backwards. Please read
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount for our
account policy first. By having a quick glance at the files from
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/mr/gnome-2-24, I get the impression
that Swapnil hasn't been very active since 2003 or so (please correct
me if I'm wrong). Only fairly recent personal contributions count, so
unless he starts contributing again, or provides some evidence that he
has contributed recently, his account request will remain rejected. No
coordinator gets an SVN account just because he or she is a
coordinator. Contributions is what counts, like is the case for
everyone else.

I feel that you would be in a much better situation if you in the
Marathi team decided on who will be the coordinator *first*, before
even thinking about accounts. Once the Marathi team coordinator
situation is sorted out, you may go ahead with requesting accounts
(for yourselves). If the current coordinator is non-responsive, please
see the bottom section of
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/StartingATeam for
instructions on how to proceed.

Or if you are happy with the current coordinator, please follow the
updated instructions on
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount and
http://live.gnome.org/NewAccounts (and use the e-mail method) for
requesting an account for yourself.

Christian

With respect to above situation, I would like to reply in the following manner:

1) I am a self-driven translator and would like to see the translations reach their destination.

2) Team Coordinatorship is not probably something I am looking for, but in case Swapnil feels that he is overwhelmed by his other work then I am open to accept the role under guidance from Swapnil Hazare/Rahul Bhalerao.

3) Swapnil what do you think should be done in existing situation?

4) Also in either case, my account request would depend completely upon Swapnil and it would be nice if he could take a decision about the current situation so that I would continue with the translation work.

Regards,
Sandeep