Re: String additions to 'gnome-backgrounds.HEAD'

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 22:02 -0300, Leonardo F. Fontenelle wrote:
> Em Ter, 2008-07-22 às 22:48 +0200, Claude Paroz escreveu:
> > Le mar 22 jui 2008 22:09:39 CEST, Thomas Wood <thos gnome org> a écrit:
[...]
> > The problem is that strings from gnome-backgrounds didn't change for
> > long, and are freezed from GNOME 2.12 on!
> > If you want to change/add strings, you'll have to branch
> > gnome-backgrounds first (probably a gnome-2-22 branch).
> >

> Maybe there's no need for branching (this time). GNOME 2.22.3 was
> already released, so this "string freeze break" won't affect anyone. It
> surely would be unnacceptable if the strings were added before we
> released GNOME 2.22.3. IIRC, gnome-user-docs don't branch because it's
> updated only after GNOME 2.xx.3 is released.

Exactly, I wasn't planning on doing any concurrent development, so I
didn't see any need to branch. I specifically timed my changes so they
where after the last stable release of 2.22.

We are currently in a period where there are no string freezes in place
(except perhaps for stable branches, where they exist). I suggest that
your string freeze notification script is slightly broken for the case
that a module does not make a stable branch!

Regards,

Thomas