Re: Launchpad licensing issues

Hi all

> AFAIK the BSD-License was chosen exactly to permit this. You can
> easily
> relicense BSD-licensed code (translations as well) to (L)GPL. They
> chose
> the BSD-License to be able to deal with upstreaming of translations
> (read: pushing launchpad translations into the upstream projects).

Yes, but at the same time the translations can be used in proprietary
software and that for me is the main issue.

I'm part of the Ubuntu Portuguese translation team and I'm not a big fan
of this change.

Also won't there be a license violation if the translation strings
coming from upstream translations that appear as suggestions in rosetta
and are used in new translations (BSD)? Just asking, I'm not shure of
that.

Regards,
António Lima