Re: msgctxt (was Re: String changes in Evolution)

"Christian Rose" <menthos gnome org>, Wed, 6 Aug 2008 00:09:36 +0200:

> On 8/5/08, Petr Kovar <pmkovar gnome org> wrote:
> > "Christian Rose" <menthos gnome org>, Tue, 5 Aug 2008 23:24:33 +0200:
> >  > > But there's a big chance. Poedit's developer is actively working
> >  > > on the project.
> >  >
> >  > Excellent. No need to have this unnecessary discussion then.
> >
> > Huh? I said Poedit's developer is actively working on the project, not
> > on the said (and sad) bug. I believe he is, and I hope so, but I don't
> > really know. After all, the Poedit's bug tracker at SourceForge is
> > public, so everyone can judge for themselves whether there is/will be
> > any momentum or not. I don't see it as a matter of long-time
> > development, though, but rather as something that will be solved before
> > 2.26.
>
> Excellent then. All will be well, then, when GNOME 2.26 is near and
> PoEdit hopefully includes the msgctxt support. If not, there will be
> plenty of other editors to choose from.
>
> That was my whole point about the unnecessary discussion. I never
> argued about the time frame.

That's great. One more thing though: Please refer to my previous messages
in the relevant threads for my points. You'll see I haven't been arguing
about the time frame only. You didn't discuss them, but the points are
still there. Thus the discussion has been by no means "unnecessary".

Best,
Petr Kovar