Re: msgctxt (was Re: String changes in Evolution)

Hi,

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 23:25 +0200, Petr Kovar wrote:

> Now, Claude says the migration concerns only Evolution. That's very
> true, but I've to add for the time being. Because who can guarantee that
> tomorrow won't come with any other affected module's developer migrating
> his/her piece to msgctxt? I think some official message towards the
> developers regarding the start of the msgctxt migration is very much needed.

GIMP has already done the migration to msgctxt in trunk some months ago
(so far we are only using C_(), but not the NC_() macro). I know GIMP is
not strictly speaking a GNOME module. But the problems you outlined
here, do affect it as well.

So far we haven't had any problems with this change. But I am a little
bit worried that we might run into portability problems when we release
GIMP 2.6.

Sven