Re: major libgweather Locations updates

Le mardi 05 août 2008, à 22:56 +0300, Ilkka Tuohela a écrit :
> Our team, finnish, will follow do the tedious task of redoing all of
> gweather before release, I just want to remind everyone: try to write
> good English whenever you write some terms to translate. Any change you
> need to do to original strings mean useless extra work for hundreds of
> translators, even if it's just 'oh they added a comma to the phrase'

(note that by not cc'ing Dan, you won't get replies from him)

While you're right, the libgweather case is different and not related to
bad english. It's due to the fact that there's no good and consistent
source of data for locations in the world. Dan's work is the attempt to
fix this. I can understand the frustration that it can cause.

On the other hand, we don't have to take into account this translation
in statistics -- I think we ignored it in the past, eg.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.