Re: Translation statistics for 2.20?

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 11:30 +0200, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> Hi Murray,
>
> Today at 10:58, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > It doesn't look like Danilo is going to update the release notes with
> > the expected translation statistics, so I have to try this myself.
> >
> > "Supported" means 80% or more of the UI strings must be translated. I'm
> > going to assume that Indonesian, Albanian, and Romanian will get there
> > this week. I hope you manage that so that I don't look foolish.
> > http://l10n.gnome.org/releases/gnome-2-20
>
> I actually spent a lot of time yesterday doing different checks on
> this, and I have scripts which help me exclude irrelevant modules like
> gnome-applets/po-locations and gtk+/po-properties from the count.
>
> If it's of any use, here's an automatically updated list on
> l10n.gnome.org for direct inclusion in the release notes:
>
>   http://l10n.gnome.org/releases/gnome-2-20.xml
>
> This doesn't remove any of the above modules from the count either.

Thanks. I have used that. It would be nice if if was sorted
alphabetically, so I don't have to do that.

I added English to the list. I'm not sure if both Serbian translations
should be there - they are for now.

> I have also prepared a bit of statistical data over time which I
> wanted to use to add a nice chart on the rni18n page.  If anyone is
> interested, I have message counts and supported languages count since
> 2.4 (up to 2007-01-01 in one format, and since then [when damned-lies
> was deployed], in another format).  I was thinking on adding this
> later tonight, but if anyone is interested, here's the data:
>
>   http://kvota.net/gnom/history/

I don't know what this means, but feel free to add it to the release
notes XML yourself, as long as you do it today.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com