Re: Translation statistics for 2.20?

Hi Murray,

Today at 10:58, Murray Cumming wrote:

> It doesn't look like Danilo is going to update the release notes with
> the expected translation statistics, so I have to try this myself.
>
> "Supported" means 80% or more of the UI strings must be translated. I'm
> going to assume that Indonesian, Albanian, and Romanian will get there
> this week. I hope you manage that so that I don't look foolish.
> http://l10n.gnome.org/releases/gnome-2-20

I actually spent a lot of time yesterday doing different checks on
this, and I have scripts which help me exclude irrelevant modules like
gnome-applets/po-locations and gtk+/po-properties from the count.

If it's of any use, here's an automatically updated list on
l10n.gnome.org for direct inclusion in the release notes:

  http://l10n.gnome.org/releases/gnome-2-20.xml

This doesn't remove any of the above modules from the count either.

I have also prepared a bit of statistical data over time which I
wanted to use to add a nice chart on the rni18n page.  If anyone is
interested, I have message counts and supported languages count since
2.4 (up to 2007-01-01 in one format, and since then [when damned-lies
was deployed], in another format).  I was thinking on adding this
later tonight, but if anyone is interested, here's the data:

  http://kvota.net/gnom/history/

(the message counts before 2007-01-01 are in normalized.txt, and more
recent ones are in g.history; the former don't exclude any bits, while
the latter does exclude the above mentioned two po files)

A sample chart based on normalized.txt is included inside
interpolated.gnumeric.

Cheers,
Danilo