Re: integrating vertimus in damned-lies

Hi,

> all 4 agree that this could be really useful to be integrated in
> damend-lies but it's not that easy as copy a bunch of files

/me agrees too :)

> I haven't coded anything in python, but I will try to start it
> (obviously everyone here is more than welcome) in my test-server, the
> first thing to do install damned-lies and vertimus in it and then start
> understanding their way to work

I'd be really interested in working on a vertimus integration into
damned-lies. I have some experience with Python, but mainly related to
PyGTK (my current SoC project is also written in Python using the GTK
bindings) - I don't think it's that hard to learn some web-specific stuff.

> the intention of this mail is just to start a discussion about what
> people would like to have in this damned-lies+vertimus, I mean, having
> the accounts integrated with GNOME LDAP or separated, having some kind
> of rss with the history or whatever you like
>
> so let's start discussing :)

+1 on RSS. TBH I don't really know how GNOME LDAP works, but if we can
separate the coordinator(s) (people having GNOME SVN accounts) and
contributors (people without having commit access), I +1 that too.

Another thing: maybe we could provide a way for contributors to upload
PO files for review by the coordinator(s) (I don't know if it already
exists in Vertimus, I couldn't have a look at it yet.)

Cheers,
Szilveszter / phanatic