Re: ubuntu translation credits

Op zo, 24-09-2006 te 13:50 +0300, schreef Alexander Shopov:

> Yep, there should be a clear notice whose ass to flame. People do no
> understand that Ubuntu's versions are not those of upstream.
> I have bugs in our bugtracking system that are Ubuntu's fault.

I'm just assuming here, but this is probably the reason why Ubuntu
replaced the translators-credits string with 'the ubuntu team'. There
was probably no bad intention on their side; 'them trying to steal the
credits'. Just a way to ensure upstream translators are not bothered
with translation bugs introduced by the rosetta team.
Still, like Wouter said, it would be better if ubuntu fixed the rosetta
system to use the upstream translations where possible instead of their
own.

Tino Meinen