Re: ubuntu translation credits

Benoît Dejean wrote:

> They steal our work.

I don't understand this.  Everyone is free to fork our translations
and keeping the credits (in the translator-credits string) is not
mandatory.  Whether forking is a good thing is another matter -- I
agree that often it's suboptimal and a waste of efforts, especially if
these "forks" are not merged upstream or at least offered for review.

However, AFAIK they change the copyright to something like "Rossetta
contributors", which is illegal if they remove the original copyright
notice.