Re: Information to translators and question

On 9/11/06, Danilo Šegan <danilo gnome org> wrote:
>> > intltool-update include strings for the ggz pot file, or give gnome-games
>> > special treatment on l10n-status.gnome.org?
>
> I would prefer an intltool-update modification to handle those
> translations, instead of a hack in our side.

That would suck(TM).  Abel, Andreas, if you insist on doing a hack,
then simply create a .h file and add that one to POTFILES.in.

Making ggz strings into a .h file looks like a much cleaner hack
to me, much better than a change in intltool. In this way there
is even no need to create custom rule for automake.

How to generate header file from ggz .pot file is another
question though, though I guess it can be easily done
via a simple script.

Depending on how GGZ developers want to handle it, the
long term management might be through some other
project like Translation Project (www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation)

Abel

There might be good reasoning to support PO/POT files as source files
in intltool, but it's something to be well considered, not just
stacked on top of current stuff.

> Do you think that's possible? (I could get an intltool cvs version to
> add support to status pages for it as soon as possible)

We always want translators and status pages to use the same version of
intltool, and with CVS version, it would be nearly impossible.

> I do. But this should be handled also by danilo to prevent a regression
> when the new status pages deprecate old system.

And when our infrastructure is lacking, lets discuss how we can
properly fix it.

Cheers,
Danilo

--
Abel Cheung   (GPG Key: 0xC67186FF)
Key fingerprint: 671C C7AE EFB5 110C D6D1  41EE 4152 E1F1 C671 86FF