Information to translators and question

Hello everyone,

I would like some help with properly i18n'ing an optional, external library used in gnome-games, and would also like to involve the translators.

The library ggz-gtk is used by gnome-games in the CVS HEAD branch now. However, it is not translated to more than a few languages, which could become a problem when it is used in GNOME. I therefore got suggestions to include the .pot file in gnome-games, to allow GNOME translators to translate it. The .pot files contains about two hundered strings, so the worm involved is not that large. The new translations will be merged back to ggz-gtk eventually.

I have threrefore added a note to translators about this in po/README.TRANSLATORS, added po/ggz-gtk.pot which contains the strings to be translated, and started modifying po/Makefile.in.in.own to concatenate ggz-gtk.pot with the other strings in gnome-games.

What I would like is first some help reviewing po/Makefile.in.in.own
It concatenates the two pot files here:
msgcat -s $(GETTEXT_PACKAGE).pot $(EXTRA_POT) -o $(GETTEXT_PACKAGE).pot However, I have noticed that it doe snot always work, since new translations committed to gnome-games do not contain the new strings from GGZ. I suppose the msgcat statement should be used other places in the makefiles as well. Any suggestions?

Also, I hope that most translators now have been informed about the akward solution, and have understanding for the fact that I am only trying to make the i18n better, evern though the actual implementation is not very pretty. :)

 - Andreas