Re: Completed the gnome 2.12 translation by the Dzongkha team

Hello again Pema :)

On 31/03/2006, at 5:42 PM, Pema Geyleg wrote:

ÂI asked karunkar to upload those files yesterday. Sorry for the late mail ( I had to attend an interview for the whole morning for recruiting 5 more translators).

I'm glad you're finding new translators! (If I could find 5 new translators, I'd throw a party! :D )

However most of the committed files are not being shown in the gnome status page. Karunakar tells me that he have committed those files yesterday only.Only the files under head are being shown there. Could u please look into it..

Most likely, they have not been committed to the correct branch. I have made this mistake before, so I am familiar with it. ;)

In the status pages, you'll notice that some files have HEAD written in the "Branch" column, while others show "gnome-2-12". If Karunakar has committed all those files to HEAD, the "gnome-2-12" files won't show up.

In order to commit files to a branch, you have to checkout that separate branch, and commit from that, not from the HEAD directory.

This means having separate directories. I have an epiphany directory in my HEAD directory, one in my gnome-2-10 dir., one in my gnome-2-12 dir and one in my gnome-2-14 dir.! (I can delete the older branches once they are not used any more.)

Each time a new Gnome system is released, epiphany will create a new branch. The HEAD branch is the most recent branch, where more changes occur.

I hope that makes sense. :)

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)