Re: string freeze confusion

ØÙØ ÙÙØØÙØÙØ 2006-03-02 ØØØØ 20:10 -0500Ø Behdad Esfahbod ÙÙØØ:
> Nobody knows that
> something like this needs to be marked for translation, because
> there's no rule saying so anywhere.

You're right of course, but I am coming to the belief that everything
that is displayed to a normal user (vs written in logs, only saved in
config files, sent on the wire using the various protocols, etc) should
be marked for translation. "%d" and "%f" need to be marked for
translation (for users of localized digits), "," (comma) needs to be
marked for translation (for Arabic script languages), "<b>%s</b>" needs
to be marked for translation (for locales that don't use boldface or
prefer not to), "%s <%s>" needs to be translated (for bidi
languages), ...

> The point being: this really needs to
> be documented somehwere.  So no, it's not ignorance.  It's lack
> of docuentation.

I can't agree more.

roozbeh