Re: GNOME Marathi L01n team details

On 6/20/06, Christian Rose <menthos gnome org> wrote:
On 6/15/06, Rahul Bhalerao <b rahul pm gmail com> wrote:
> Dear Christian,
>
> Now that Prof. Shah has already asked me to take over and
> continue the work,

Has he? I can see no public confirmation of that, or anything of that affect.

The current coordinator must announce himself publically that he is
resigning; that's the policy.

Furthermore, even if Jitendra should agree to resign from the Marathi
coordinator position and announce it publically on the list, it is not
clear to me what new Marathi coordinator position we should have.
Browsing through the archives, I count to 2 people that have
volunteered for the position:
* Rahul Bhalerao
* Swapnil Hajare

A big reason for why this issue has been delayed is because of the
amount of confusion that has been introduced in this thread.
It would be *a lot* simpler if you could just discuss in the existing
Marathi team and try to agree on *one* candidate for the new
coordinator position, and then announce that on the gnome-i18n list.
If you cannot agree, then you need to tell us that on the list, and
then either one of the GNOME Translation Project spokespersons (me or
Danilo) will make a tough decision. But we would rather like to avoid
doing that; it's obviously much better if you can agree in the team.

Since two people have volunteered so far, we would obviously also want
public announcement if any of them should no longer want to be a
candidate.

Furthermore, we would like the current Marathi coordinator, Jitendra
Shah, to publically announce on the gnome-i18n list whether he is
prepared to resign from the position or not. We (for obvious reasons)
cannot accept third-party "he told that to me" announcements.
Jitendra, are you listening?