Re: GNOME Marathi L01n team details

On 9:25:26 pm 06/08/06 "Christian Rose" <menthos gnome org> wrote:
> On 6/8/06, gora sarai net <gora sarai net> wrote:
> >  On 8:15:24 am 06/08/06 "Rahul Bhalerao" <b rahul pm gmail com>
> > >  wrote: Dear all,
> > >
> > >  Is there any update? I have been waiting :)
> >
> >  This conversation happened while I was away on vacation, and I have
> >  lost track of why Rahul's Marathi PO files cannot be committed
> >  right away. If it is only a question of someone having a GNOME CVS
> >  account, I can volunteer to do the commit. Of course, I would do
> >  this only with the permission of the current Marathi coordinator.
>
> The problem is that Rahul's contributions will have to be approved by
> the current Marathi coordinator, which is Jitendra, or anyone else in
> the current Marathi team which have blanket approval from the
> coordinator, before anyone else can help commit the files into CVS.
> That's just the normal policy -- all contributions for a language has
> to be accepted by the team coordinator (or a person that the team
> coordinator trusts).

That, of course, is a perfectly good policy.

> What's not normal about this is that the team coordinator nor the team
> coordinator's stand-in has had time to review any contributions.
> That's at least the impression I get from the replies, which is very
> worrying.

I thought that Prof. Shah (Jitendra) had also indicated that he had
lost his GNOME CVS password, or something like that, which is why I
thought that I could temporarily do the Marathi commits. Prof. Shah,
could you detail what the problems are?

Regards,
Gora